View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #13
fragdude

I congradulate you on your new purchase! and am horribly jealous that you will have the experience of driving it on the Isle of Man!

If you need any of the current Top Gear episodes I have them all (the new format since ~2001). They have some nice tests out in the Isle of Man. Power slide by Jeremy Clarksons house, will ya?? haha

Happy motoring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxie
Hi, and thanks for the welcome

The Isle of Man is probably best know for the TT Races (www.iomtt.com) but I guess some forum members will know it as one of the places the BBC Top Gear team like to test cars as there's generally no maximum speed limit out of town. I'm hoping that my Tivo will record the old episode where they bring a Boxster, BMW Z3 and Honda over.

I must admit that I'm looking forward to driving the mountain road when I get it but I'm also taking the Institute of Advanced Motorists course just to brush up on my driving as I don't generally drive fast.

I should also add that I'm jealous of you guys in the USA as you can actually drive somewhere. I have to turn around after 12 miles. I drove the whole of Route 66 in May this year and have also enjoyed driving New England and the west coast from Seattle to San Francisco.

Mike

2002 Boxster S 6 Speed (Ocean Blue/Savannah)
-De-Snorkled, Porsche (B&M) Short Shifter, EVO Shift Linkage
-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg
fragdude is offline   Reply With Quote