View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
skip_168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Durametric as well as PIWIS and PST2 will reset airbag lights so hopefully you'll find someone near you who can help.

Like it or not... b/c the airbag is an integral safety item, a [qualified] technician/mechanic must read the code as to why it faulted and then reset it. In states w/ safety inspections, vehicles equipped w/ airbags will not pass if the light is on or if the bag is not present (i.e it went off and owner doesn't want to replace). I'm not saying you're not qualified but them is the rules (probably law)....... you can probably send a thank you note to your local congressman / senator Qualified means has the proper tools and as such is assumed to be properly trained to do so. Plus, proper airbag deployment/activation is a huge liability issue so this is just another safeguard to ensure it's working properly.

Anyhow, replacing the mount should not have caused the light to come on unless you had the key in the ignition and/or left the neg. terminal connected and disconnected the airbag. Even if it's not turn on, as soon as the key is placed in the ignition it activates the airbag system(s)

Good luck and try not to strangle anyone
yeah, I know the game, I was a technician for Porsche,(non-dealer though), for 8 years while going to school... its BS.. people think you're going to die if the airbag system isn't working.. airbag are a SUPLEMENT aka.. SIRS, (suplemental inflatable restraint system).. the seatbelts were working fine b4 airbags got here...

and yeah, I was also installing my satelite antenna at the same time, so I had the ign. on with the airbag dissconected...

skip_168 is offline   Reply With Quote