View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #58
AddictionRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
Totally agreed, Addiction. I'm not trying to be the proverbial butthead here, it's just that when you buy an expensive, fairly high stressed car, it's not going to be beatable like the lower stressed VW and it's gonna take a big ole bite outa your wallet if it fails.
My only problem with Porsche on the Boxster (and I don't know, is it the same with 996/997?) is this stupid "no rebuild" policy. What does it accomplish? Sell parts at 5000% mark up, like you do for every other car and make the damn thing rebuildable. There's nothing that can't be replaced or remanufactured in a box motor, it's just they keep the parts supply locked up and it's too small a market for aftermarket companies to get into.
It looks to me like quite a business opportunity to make a kit to install...I'll shut up up now.
Now you're on to something, Kurt. I can honestly say that including 911s the Boxster was my favorite car to drive. The feel is superior to anything I've experienced (driving a car ). I spoke with the owner of a certain shop in the West who is very interested in engineering a kit to fit a Chevy 350 in the Boxster. He wants the first one to be quite a beast, built in their shop, for someone with the money to pay for the beast. I have the car and the interest, but don't have the money to throw at it. If the kit existed at this point in time for a reasonable amount though, I'd be ordering a small block Chevy to reliably power my incredible handling roadster.
AddictionRacing is offline   Reply With Quote