View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #14
Samson

Highway mileage is about 26-27 going around 72mph. Not terrible. I manage about 31 in the Boxster at 75mph (manual).

Good luck with all-seasons on the IS. It's surprisingly incompetent in the snow with the wrong tires. Mine came with a decent set of A/S tires (Conti premiere contact), and at full tread depth, I got stuck in 2" of snow. Put on some Blizzaks and it is unstoppable, even in the 13" we had a couple of years ago.
The LSD does have benefits aside from handling - snow traction is one such benefit. Keep that in mind. The flip side is that with both rear wheels getting power, it tends to be tail happy if provoked, wet or dry. Very easily controlled oversteer is fun though.

The escaine is more common than you might think, so it may be somewhat easy to find one.

Good luck! If you haven't already, check out my.is for more information. There are some helpful people over there.

----

Now a question for the Boxster DDs- I have no problem driving it every day (I usually get it out 3 -4 times a week anyway), but what do you do about parking? This is my first convertible, and I've heard both to leave the top down and to leave the top up... what do you all recommend?
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote