View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
LoveBunny

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxferran
I hate to say this, but I do not think it is a good idea for you to buy one if you are on a tight budget. Outside of the engine failures, many other things can go wrong with bills totaling 1000 here and 2000 there. In my year of ownership, I had to replace a computer module (1000) rip down the whole cooling system to chase down a leak/faulty thermostat (750) new tires (1200) servicing (1000) insurance (1300). I didn't get a new engine, but my cost to own it was still over 4 grand for the year. I also spent 4000 or so on hardtop, headlights, tail lights, led bulbs, sills, ect.

Now, other members have different stories, some have cars that cost them no more than their daily driver camry. My point is to be prepared on these suckers. They are worth every penny if you have the pennies to spend.

Regarding the warranty, I havent seen anyone with a good company that always pays, other than buying CPO, which if you can swing it, you are in great shape and I say " DO IT!"

Yeah, insurance is something else to consider. Mine went up about $50 per month for my boxster. It's a new one, so maybe it's in large part due to increased value of the car itself, but still, that is the biggest insurance increase I have ever had in my life. And I don't have a bad record either.

But just remember. If it's not your daily driver, you don't have to rely on it to get places. Therefore, if you need some time to come up with money for repairs it's not as big of a deal.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote