View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #34
Quickurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictionRacing
I appreciate the help you've all provided and figured I'd let you know where I stand right now. I'm not replacing the motor with either a 2.5 or 3.4 because I just don't believe in the motors anymore. I am going to look a bit in to the Chevy conversion, but will likely just dump the car. The highest bid right now is $6500. Anything over that will be entertained. It's a shame my 20 year love affair with Porsche had to end this way.
I know this is an emotional time, right now, but I think in a few years you'll look back and see it was also an emotional decision.
You talk like every Boxster motor is going to fail, it's only a matter of time, while not seeing that the vast majority of them don't fail.
Bad luck is bad luck and I'm sorry your luck was that.
It's also a bad decision for Porsche to have a replacement as the only option on the Boxster engine , when parts availability would make them as rebuildable as every other engine on earth. That one is a mystery to me. They would make money on parts, also.