View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
Manxie

Hi, and thanks for the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster
I'm jealous of the curvy roads you have at your disposal to exercise your new Box. Before the Speed Channel became the NASCAR channel 24/7, they'd show the motorcylce race from the IofM (I think it was called TTsomething). Great course based on public roads. Have fun.
The Isle of Man is probably best know for the TT Races (www.iomtt.com) but I guess some forum members will know it as one of the places the BBC Top Gear team like to test cars as there's generally no maximum speed limit out of town. I'm hoping that my Tivo will record the old episode where they bring a Boxster, BMW Z3 and Honda over.

I must admit that I'm looking forward to driving the mountain road when I get it but I'm also taking the Institute of Advanced Motorists course just to brush up on my driving as I don't generally drive fast.

I should also add that I'm jealous of you guys in the USA as you can actually drive somewhere. I have to turn around after 12 miles. I drove the whole of Route 66 in May this year and have also enjoyed driving New England and the west coast from Seattle to San Francisco.

Mike
Manxie is offline   Reply With Quote