View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
Manxie

Hello from a new owner (soon)

Hi

I signed up on this forum a couple of weeks ago and my first post was going to be along the lines of a brief background (we currently own two diesel cars, a Renault Scenic and a Mercedes A Class, previous car was a 600cc Smart) and how I’d always liked the classic 911 in Guards Red.

I don’t have enough knowledge and mechanical experience to source a good example of and old 911 and much to my surprise my wife, who’s not really into cars, really liked the Boxster. I was going to ask this forum what to look for when buying a second hand Boxster but there’s were no really good second hand ones available where I live so I looked on the Porsche website for dealers in the UK and we went from looking at second hand to possible buying a new Boxster with a few extras.

I was speaking to the salesman on the phone and almost as an aside I said that I didn’t suppose there were any Spyders available and it turns out he can get me one that I can get to my spec. We went to the UK and signed the papers at the weekend and our new Spyder is being built (we prefer to think of it as being born) on 7th July and hopefully delivery won’t be too long after that.

To say I’m excited would be an understatement; I’m counting the hours and days until I can collect it.

Mike
Manxie is offline   Reply With Quote