View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 08:06 AM   #13
underDAWG

Gentlemen, thanks for sharing your choices of option with me. Great selection by the way.

Here is what I am thinking to get for my first Porsche:

Boxster S with:

1. Preferred Package which includes: Wheel Caps with Colored Crest, Self-dim Mirrors and Rain Sensor, Heated Seats, Floor Mats in Interior Color. $2190.

2. Sport Chrono package which includes analog and digital chronometer, sport button in center console; also adds ability to adjust lighting, wipers, AC and door locking to suit personal preference. $920

3. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) which Includes active management of suspension firmness and a ride height decrease of 10 mm from standard suspension $1990

4. Windstop $ 375

5. Bose Surround Sound $950

I have not decided if I need Auto Climate Control or Bi-Xenon light. I don’t like blue tinted light and in my experience, it really bad for bad weather driving. However, I have not experienced the Porsche Bi-Xenon, so if anyone has the direct experience in driving in the snow or fog using these lights please share with me.

BTW on Page 86 in the Boxster Booklet, it states that auto climate control is standard in every Boxster. Apparently, it is not so.

The whole package comes to $61,020. When compared to 911, I think it is still a great bargain having such a well designed and balanced, well executed Porsche Driving Instrument. Yes, 911’s have a bigger engine and are faster. Since I have no desire to do track (no offend to anyone), it really do not have much good here in Delaware. I do enjoy an occasional high speed driving through the back country road in the middle of the night when it rains.

Cheers
underDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote