Thread: Clear Bra
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
eslai

I've seen a LOT of cars with clear bras. There's a high-dollar dealership around here, lots of used Ferraris, Lambos, etc. Every car there seems to have a clear bra and yes, the line is noticeable, and more noticeable on the lighter colors that have some dirt build-up on the edges. Dark cars too though--it'll show up as a light edge instead.

But from anything more than ten feet away you can't tell it's there. You'll notice the lines on the side mirrors the most as the coverage is kind of weird there and plus, it's the closest to your head.

I'm definitely getting a clear-bra installed on my S when it arrives. I'm told the full kit retails for $700 or so installed, but my friend owns a body shop that specializes in Porsches and will get it done for me at cost, thankfully. That's a lot to put out for what amounts to a clear sticker!

Thankfully, you know how it is with silver cars, dirt doesn't show very much on them so I'm not too concerned with the edges. The one thing that does concern me is seeing swirls in the plastic. My boss has a Maserati and I just noticed the other day that the plastic was very swirly and this was right after the car had been detailed as it sat in the parking lot. I suppose swirls are better than rock chips though...
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote