View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #66
trieullionaire

DIY Camera Set Up

Had a question from Renntech, so thought I post it here too!

Step "Prestep". Raise your Spoiler, Open the trunk, and Put Your Convertible Top in Service Position
Step 1. The License Plate
a. Remove your license plate, should be a hole behind there thats about an inch in diameter or slightly bigger
b. Take the detachable wires that came with your camera and loop it from the corner of the spoiler down to the hole behind the license plate. I used a clothes hanger and taped the tip of those wires which is the plugin jack and pushed it through until I could see it located at the hole. Then I plugged in the camera.
Step 2. The Trunk
a. There is a bolt at the top left corner of the spoiler which I used for the ground wire. Ground it there, 1 less wire you have to route to the front of your car.
b. Route the remaining wires (should be the video rca cable and the positive wire to power your camera) along the outside of the trunk space. Hide it under the rubber gasket which lines the perimeter of the trunk.
Step 3. The Circular Rubber Gasket
a. Remove the rubber gasket located at the top left hand corner of your rear trunk hood.
b. Pierce a hole through it and pull your wires through it.
Step 4. Above the Engine Compartment
a. Now you should be on the engine compartment side
b. Route the wires along the side of the engine and avoid routing wires in areas where your wires may get pinched from the moving parts of the convertible top.
Step 5. The Door Area
a. Tuck your wires underneath the rubber lining that runs around the area where the door is located
Step 6.
a. Bring Video RCA plug to Avic
b. Plug in Positive wire to an available fuse

Attached are the pictures of the steps.

Last edited by trieullionaire; 06-08-2008 at 10:30 AM.
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote