View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #13
pbanders

FWIW, I'm the second owner of my Boxster, purchased from i******************************** here in Phoenix. No idea of who the first owner was or how they treated the vechicle. When my RMS went a week after the factory warranty ended, my service rep at Scottsdale Porsche went to bat with the PCNA and got them to agree to pay for the repair. So, at least in my case, even as a second owner Porsche stepped up to cover an fairly expensive repair.

Given the information I learned in this forum about design issues with the Boxster motor, my next step was to purchase an aftermarket warranty from Warranty Direct. I've already made one claim (window regulator and leaky cam cover) that they covered with no questions asked.

When my warranty is about to run out on this car in a few years, I'll sell it and get a newer Boxster with either a factory or aftermarket warranty. I wouldn't single Porsche out - I'd do the same if it were a BMW or even a Japanese luxo-sport car. The cost of major repairs on these cars is high enough to justify the need for warranty coverage, either factory or aftermarket.