View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
Kirk

Would Chevy replace a blown engine on a 7 year old used car? Unlikely. How about Ford? I think it's pretty doubtful that Porsche will step up to the plate, but darn right it's worth a shot and I would try my best to professionally present my case to them.

With cars like this though I would definitely try to keep a little slush fund set aside in case major repairs are needed. These cars are expensive to fix and sooner or later they will need to be repaired in one way or another. I think that's just a given with a highly tuned performance car like what Porsche makes.

One of my co-workers likes to live large. He's thus always tried to own a 911 - even if it was a used one that he could barely afford. Good for him - living the dream. But when pushing your budget like that it's hard to always keep living that dream. He was winding the car out and dropped a valve - CRUNCH! He took the car to an independent shop where he waited three months for the engine to get rebuilt. Then the car sat there for another year because he couldn't pay the bill. Eventually he had to sell the car off at a great loss to a friend who could pay the bill. A couple years later I saw him again with another 911. Hopefully he learned this time and had a little slush fund set aside just for the car so that he could hold on to this one.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote