View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #9
Hops

The 987S ride is better in both higher limits and in compliance... meaning that although the car outperforms every other car Car & Driver has tested in the slalom (at least as of a couple years ago), it is actually more comfortable on choppy roads than the 986S.

One could argue that this insulates the driver from the road a bit, so yeah, I would say that there is a little less steering feel in the 987S. But, the car is basically doing more of the work for you... feels a little like a 20xx 911 to me in that regard. But, it means that the limits are really high and the car is incredibly capable. There is a very rough road that winds through a canyon nearby. It is amazing to me how the car is able to negotiate all the bumps and potholes while pulling rather hard through a turn. Not a whole lot of driver input required.

Perhaps that makes it a little more boring and a little less exciting, but it depends on the driver whether that is a good or bad thing. I rather like that I have to do something bordering on downright stupid to get the car to lose its line.

All my two cents...
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote