View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
vipola

Locked out - No Battery - System Armed - Can't pop front lid

Hi all,
I know that the classic story of beeing locked out of the car with a dead battery is very popular and that there is many post about it all over Internet. I know this is a subject that has been largely discussed here, I am sorry to start a new thread about it, but my situation is a little tricky, I think my problem is not the power to the front lid, but the locking system at the lever itself..

I have a 99 Canadian Boxster

I planned on Charging the battery because it wasn't powerfull enough to start the engine, so I poped the front lid, armed the car (because it was outside), disconnected the battery to get it changed, and then closed the front. Now I unlock the driver door with the key, try to pop the front lid (it's a cable), but it's locked in position by the armed alarm system I guess. I saw many solution, but I'm not sure witch one will work.

Connect a battery to the door hook (-) and to C3 fuse (+): this is probably useful if I had a eletric opening system, but on my old box it's a cable. I guess this won't unlock the lever, so I won't be able to pull it to open the front trunk.

change the battery trough the lighter accessory slot: I guess this can't really help me because there is no battery at all in the car, not just a dead battery.

Search for that emergency cable in the wheel wing: I'm not sure about this one because I can't really remove the wheel, and everywhere peoples don't agree on right side or left side, I guess this is a possible solution to help me out but I would like to avoid it, just in case.

unlock the lever locksystem with a screwdriver or a paperclip: (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16246 ) This may be a solution, because my lever are cables and I guess my problem is that lock mecanism that locked my lever down, If i could unlock it to be able to pull the lever my front trunk would probably open. my lever for front and rear trunk are locked down and I can't pull them. could some one help me to get more information about what i need to move inside the lever assembly?

Or if someone have any comments or suggestion..

Thanks
vipola is offline   Reply With Quote