View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 03:51 AM   #20
Rob-00BoxsterS

Sorry to go OT but I found this interesting:

I also own an old Nissan 300ZX turbo and frequent a few Z31 sites. A thread was started almost identical to this one on one of those sites and I pretty much did a cut-n-paste from my above written posts.

Instead of respectfully pointing out the flaws in my data collection or seeing how the data could be beneficial to them (like what was done on this site) they turned it into a pissing match on what octane ratings mean. I was also called stupid for trying to say I know the car better "then the people who made the car from ground up and tested it's flaws.” (<= direct quote from that thread.) The data was ignored while the members there competed in a game of "Who has the bigger e-penis."

This forum and the Land Rover forums are the only two I have been on that show respect to their fellow members and talks to them like they would if they were face to face. It's very refreshing.

**Note** This post is not meant to bash on other sites, just to compliment this one. Unfortunately, this site provides no information on my other vehicles no matter how hard I search so I do need to continue to frequent them.

00' Boxster S, 00' E46 BMW - DD, 03' LR Disco - Wife's car, '84 300ZX turbo - owned for over 22 years, 82' 911 SC - Gone but not forgotten
Rob-00BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote