View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
EPIQTodd

Got my dyno results on the 'track' Boxster the other day

Got the dyno results on my track car ('00 Boxster, stripped, not street legal. Has Motons, Hoosiers, substantial welded cage (most substantial I've ever seen), custom headers and stainless exhaust, some ECU tuning, fire supression system, OEM hardtop, CCR 17" wheels, etc.) which has been in the shop for months now, fixing all the problems from the shop that originally put it together. Had problems (severe) with electrical system, exhaust, throttle body, ECU shorting out from bad wiring, suspension problems (horrible mounts), you name it. Zillions of dollars later, I now have a car that I should be able to only change the wheels/tires on and not have to take a stop at the shop on my way home from a shortened day at the track, as I have all other times thus far.

Anyway, on to the dyno results!

When my car came into the shop, it dyno'ed at 155.19hp, 164.86 ft/lbs torque at the wheels. All kinds of things wrong, obviously.

A stock 2.5l Boxster (mine's a 2.7l, however) makes 185.26hp and 164.96 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels - I was less than a stock '97 Boxster.

Now, with all the improvements and fixing of the old problems, of which there were many, I'm making 228hp and 192.57 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels, or roughly 269hp at the crank - essentially what a stock 986 3.2l motor made.

I should be able to feel a 50% increase in power in the thing, along with slightly lighter weight (took out 25lbs from the rear in the sub-bumper), ya think?

I guess my times at the last event at Willow Springs were pretty damn good considering I was essentially driving a Civic DX with Hoosiers...

Next event is May 31-June 1 - I'm now anxious to try this whole new car.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote