View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #13
bluesbishop

I've always wanted a Porsche since High School.(I'm class of '82) My Best friend hald a 924S and for his birthday his Dad traded in the 924 for the 944...every since then I wanted a Porsche, and always loved the 356 along with James Deans 550 spyder

Flash forward several years and my wife's sister Teresa was a Senior Project Manager with Porsche North America...when the Boxster came out I just about died...I thought "Oh my God...it's the evolution of the 550!"...Loved it. With my sister in law working for Porsche I knew she could get me a great deal. In the past she had worked for ford, and we had always bought Ford products because of the HUGE family discounts. Two years ago Teresa passed about from AML after complication of breast cancer at 42 years old, so the idea of a new Porsche was out of the question...so I put the idea on the back burner.

For my wife's 40th birthday, I bought her dream car...a Mercedes SLK...
Flash forward to this year...Huge promotion at work, HUGE pay increase, HUGE bonus program...Ok time for my car.

With the pay increase I thought..Ok, I'll just buy a 911...So I went out and spent a few month trying to find the perfect 911...I drove evrything from older ('86)911 to 993, to 2002-203 996 even tried a 997. Even with the pay increase I wanted to keep it affordable...didn't want to blow all of my bonus, so I decided keep under $36,000...

Welll, as much as the boxster was a car I had dreamed of, I thought I now made too much money for an "entry level" Porsche.....then I had the chance to drive a Boxster.....WOW I had a grin on my face that is still plastered all over ( see my pics in the show and tell gallery) and decided that the Boxster not only was a great value, but I found to be alot more fun to drive than the 911....I found the car of my dreams for a fraction of what I had budgeted and took her home less than a week ago...couldn't be happier!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../signature.jpg
bluesbishop is offline   Reply With Quote