View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #10
Sloan

Logical choice

Like BoxsterLewis, I was driving a supercharged GTP with every imaginable option, and had quite enjoyed the car. It was getting a bit old, so I started looking at my options. I have always loved Porsches, having always admired them at all the driving events the BMW club did with the Porsche club in my BMW years (1983 to 1999). I evaluated quite a few other cars, but the wife suggested I not even consider them, as she knew if I 'settled' for a vehicle that was just 'o.k.' we would regret it, and probably just end up getting something else. Hence my attention turned to Porsche.

I was naturally thinking 911, but my wife convinced me to consider the Boxster as well. The Boxster S seemed to be the perfect compromise, and after almost two years of careful consideration and shopping, I finally made the purchase in February of this year. So far it has been excellent - I've only driven it with the top up twice - and both times it was pouring. Unfortunately, the summer heat will soon return to South Florida (already starting) so I may not be able to keep that streak going, but it has been great fun since I got it.

Come fall and the return of cool weather I will be looking for DE events. I am also considering a trip to find some nice roads - something lacking here - so I can really enjoy the car in full.