View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #23
marbique

Peer,

That's what makes the world go round. Try (easy to say, harder to do) to save your mental energy - life is too short already to waste it wondering about all the knuckle-draggers around us.

I think it is largely jealousy that causes people to act like that, but sometimes I think the dimmer ones feel we're "asking for it", for example, parking with the roof down when their car roof is fixed (and probably covered in torn vinyl), if they even own a car. After an egg in my Boxster and one in my Miata before that, I take the few minutes to raise the roof when I park just to avoid antagonizing the bottom-feeders. Doesn't take much to irk them with an IQ in single digits and it takes 10 to bark.

I've heard the 997 shots about Boxsters as well, but I also have two friends who have traded 997s for Boxster Ss like mine, with two trunks and a folding top and owners who don't seem to take themselves quite so seriously.

My mantra has always been to remind myself that there is always someone worse off than me. That goes double for anyone who can afford a treat like a Porsche so spend a nanosecond feeling sorry for the other guys and move on with a smile on your face. No doubt there are guys right now on an Aston Martin site somewhere feeling sorry for us poor wee folk in our Boxsters.
marbique is offline   Reply With Quote