View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #16
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp987
Bikes are cheap and can be viewed as expendables, much more readily than a pristine car, like my S is. Plus its nice getting 40+ mpg, riding in the carpool lane, and splitting lanes, which I hear is only legal in CA.
Splitting lanes is still legal in GA, as far as I know. There are rules about when you can and how fast you can go, but I never did it. I had a fabulous Honda VF1100 years ago and was sitting in go nowhere traffic on I-20 when the engine started running hot. Rather than split lanes, I got off at the next exit and hung out for who knows how long [a loooong time]. I miss driving a motorcycle. They are a thrill, especially a very torquey one. My last bike made my Boxster seem like my Honda. But traffic here has become horrible and the great mountain roads are plastered with folks that in the last ten years all went out and bought bikes. Boo hoo.
You're right. They are a lot less expensive to fix, although physical injury can be worse.
I miss the gas mileage too!! Maybe I will get a smallish something for commuting. But not for tracking! Yeow! The Box is safer.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote