View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #10
FTD

I have done 5 autocrosses and two days at Little Talladega. I don't mind oil changes and brake flushes [now that I know how to do a brake flush]. They are too easy to pay someone else to do. And it appears that changing the brake pads are darn simple also. What I don't want is big dollar wear. I drive like a nut; after all you can take aggressive turns and enjoy the phenomenal torque on the street without being a reckless driver or speed demon. My times at autocross are nothing to sneer at, but wouldn't it be cool if I could get better, better, better? That would be satisfying. I just am feeling queasy, having listened to all the guys at these events talk about what they have been replacing or fixing - and seeing cars towed home as well. It makes my pulse zing with anxiety.
Speaking of brake flush, I composed a DIY to post, but cannot get the images loaded. I will stick a pdf out there and maybe get the rest of it laid out later. Keep an eye out! I was real pleased to learn this simple maintenance.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote