View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
ut_cougar

I'm not sure which one it was... I believe he said something about its one of the "seals" and they can sometimes cause problems with the other seal? So he said he won't charge me for any extra labor and replace the second seal (which doesnt really need replacing but might need it later), all that stuck in my head was "main seal". So I think both seals are being covered here. He said something about the one thats causing the problem is the more expensive to fix or maybe difficult to get to, something along those lines, i can't specifically recall. I can find out if needed, the report is in my car and I can't make it outside right now.

It is $80 in parts plus 15 hours of labor = $2100 ... its covered by a 2 year parts and labor warranty.

As for the milage its an 02 box S... it has 32k miles and has been babied, never wrecked and not one problem.... until now. It was taken to the Porsche dealer for everything.

It was driven carefully and driven hard appropriately throughout the RPM range to keep the engine "healthy". Services were done earlier than usual (i.e. 30k service done at 28k, oil changes done just a bit earlier at each interval, etc).

I am on vacation and came to pick up my car and take it back to Miami. Now I have to deal with this.

If there are multiple "seals", lets assume he is replacing the more expensive one to do, HOW MANY HOURS should I be looking at? Price varies from region like said below. Is 15 hours of labor correct to replace the more expensive main seal. I will get the paperwork when I can get to my car but if someone can enlighten me beforehand that would be great.
ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote