View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
eqs

FTD interestingly I had similar thoughts. I've had my 987S for a couple months now and simply love the car - everything about it. It brings back so many good memories for me and good feelings too. Probably since owning it, I've driven it with the top up, maybe 3 times - I drive virtually all the time with the top down - granted I do not drive every day.

I also considered track and DE events and was pretty excited to do these, as the salesmen and workers there all told me I had to do it, as it was "the most fun you can have with your pants on!". I was ready to sign up right then and there.

I then researched what the pros and cons were to track and DE events and came away with the feeling that it was a) addictive b) potentially very costly and potentially risky. I also posted here a youtube link about a guy flipping his car over at a DE event. I looked into the insurance aspects as I liked to be insured at all times and found out that where I am, no insurance is available for track and DE events for liability and third party, but you can get expensive DE insurance to cover damage to your car only.

I do fully respect the benefits of track and DE and racing, but for us, we'll just drive the car well within its limits, and enjoy the great feelings of the car with the top down. Maybe not the best idea of fun for someone else, but certainly fun enough for my family and I. We have other activities where we get our adrenalin fix, so excitement from driving the car to its limits isn't important to us. I know I'll never be good enough to drive that car anywhere near its limits. Now that's not saying we don't have fun though.

Always drive safe I tell my kids, but hey, it is a Pcar!

Cheers
eqs is offline   Reply With Quote