View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
FTD

To track or not to track

Shortly after I bought my car, I decided to sell my motorcycle and opt for a safer goofy driving bug that must be in me. BUT, in the course of the last year, I have also built up anxieties for how I treat my car. I don't want to be a part time mechanic, and I don't want to be writing checks all the time to replace stuff. I had a great, fun day at Little Talladega, but I also felt my brain thinking " you are going to wear out your ______ [fill in the blank here] while I was driving and it really bothers me. I signed up for a DE, which I am thinking of bailing on, because I just don't want to wear out my car. So, I was thinking, I just want to enjoy this fantastic car and keep it clean and nice, but I also know that goofing around on the public roads isn't enough. Is it? Where are you with your driving enjoyment? Do you self mechanic most of your maintenance, or pay someone else? If you could drive Road Atlanta, would you, regardless of the possible cost? Geeez, I filled my car with a cloud of dust [went off track] and although that is way better than mechanical failure, it will take who knows how long to clean through the depth of the powder, which makes me think what my life would be like if it was body damage or mechanical failure. I think I am paranoid about mechanical failure. Tell me about your car and your fun and your freedom.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote