View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Problems with new Glass Robbins Top

So it's been three weeks since I got my new Robbins top with the glass window installed. Robbins suggests waiting three days to put the top down so that the canvas cas stretch and settle. I was going to wait a week to be safe and the shop I took it to said play it even safer and wait two weeks. So I waited two weeks to the second. I finally got to put my top down. It went down fine but when I tried to close the top it was very difficult to get it to hook in and close the latch but I finally got it. Just very very tight. The second time I put my top down the top frame at the elbow joint gets caught on the convertible top cover and cannot clear it as both parts are folding.

Since then I've left it up.

I'm going to be dropping it back off at the shop in a couple of days. They've been working on Porsches for 30 years but this is the first Robbins top they've installed on a Boxster. So I'm thinking this is an installation problem and not a problem with the top itself. So before I take it back I just wanted to ping you guys and see if anyone else who's installed this top has had any problems, and specifically this problem. It looks great when the top is up but until I get it fixed I no longer have a convertible

Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest

Last edited by TimAustinW; 05-02-2008 at 05:49 PM.
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote