View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #19
LoveBunny

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqs
Hi LoveBunny, I don't know about the valet guy thing .......... you see it in the movies from time to time ........ you know, the guy let's the valet guy drive it away really slowly, let's see - Ferris Buellers Day Off, comes to mind. And then peels out the back - and in that movie it was a very nice red Fcar. Anyways, you get the point.

I am very hestitant to do that myself. I say "I'll park it myself thank you."

I knew a buddy in school who had a valet job and if you can keep a secret, - drove the Lambos for test spins while the owners were clubbing.

I don't think so, not my ride. But anyways, just thought I'd let you know, as a lot of innocent looking valet people probably really wouldn't mind taking your nice car for a little "drive" before parking it for you.

Anyways, just thought I'd pass that info on - and I hope that there aren't any valet police that are going to get upset that I gave out their little secret.

Cheers
I actually have heard stories like that. This wasn't a valet at a club or restaurant though. I had to park downtown in a hotel lot because it was nearest to the location I had to go work at and just about the only option that wasn't on the street, which wasn't exactly a street I'd want to park on even if I found a spot. The lot was one of those high-rise deals where you pull in the front and they give you a ticket and take your car. I didn't really have a choice. But as I was walking off I did actually kind of picture the guy in Ferris Beuler's Day Off and cringed a little bit.

There was a club I used to go to in Tampa and they would tell you that valet a tip-only service unless you paid $5, for which they would park your car up front. I always saw Bentleys and other super expensive cars up there, so I guess they thought it safest to pay the $5 and make sure their car was close.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote