View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #11
Topshelf

I love helpful forums!

You guys have me thinking about reality more than desire right now. Being that this will be a DD, I'm actually wondering if the slightly softer Base wouldn't be the better choice based solely on ride quality. The roads I have to travel through PA and NJ aren't always glass smooth, so that couldn't be another reason to avoid the S. I think I'm going to start looking at 98-'02 Base models. Do as much reading as I can so I know what to look for, and get out for a few test drives this weekend. It's funny because I'm really more of a corner guy than a hp guy...years of roadracing makes you appreciate the skill of cornering...but once you start looking at a car you can't help but get sucked into the bigger, badder choice. Dam marketing! I do think you're right though. The main point of these cars is to get around a corner, and more hp will not help me with that. I will not be tracking the car, so I don't need the stiffest suspension setup available. Infact, I'm actually looking for a luxury sport car, so a compliant ride is more important than more hp to me. Man, only took you guys a few hours to straighten me out!
Topshelf is offline   Reply With Quote