View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 06:22 AM   #13
Perfectlap

I think the decision to lower the car should never have looks as a factor. I
Well for me at least, that's a 100% performance mod. Giving up travel for the sake of looks is just crazy to me. That's a performance mod that really depends on the roads you will be driving. Around these parts the roads are terrible. Reducing travel on rough roads will only beat up your car, things start to come loose, wear prematurely($$$) and those new rattles drive a man nuts. The car is set up for excellent handling right out of the box, unless you do a fair bit of track/autox I don't see more upside than downside with lowering springs on rough terrain.

The skirting gives the impression of a lower car without giving up travel. A double win for me. And the price is great bang for the buck.

p.s.
Difusers are great because with just the skirting only the line of the car has the rear end sitting too high up off the ground. Not really as noticeable with the front end. The only problem is that with lighter colors the difusers look tacked on vs. the seamless look of a euro rear OEM 03-04 bumper. I don't know if its too risky but I would be inclined to shape the aftermarket difuser onto the bumper itself so there are no seams...and cross your fingers no one ever backs into you.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-29-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote