View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Husker, glad nothing happend. You're like a cat! 6 lives left!

Stay out of that left lane. It is for passing only.

Nebraska has a Div 1 football team???
I'm not an LLB in normal conditions, but I've been going to NU games for 17 yrs and when the traffic is solid you have to get in the left lane and go with the flow regardless of the speed. If congession breaks up and someone has to get by me, I'll let em go. But yesterday was like the start of a NASCAR race. There were solid cars in both lanes for as far as I could see. So if I let Honda lady by, she's still got 50 cars ahead of her. And like Dragonwind said, it's tricky to figure out how much room you can leave w/o someone jumping into your safety zone.

It's funny (now) how all this happens so fast in real time but while you're in the eye of the storm everything slows down. Today I can't count how many times I've replayed Honda lady zooming past my right rear. That was definitely the most lethal shot.

And yeah BMuss, we do have a Div 1 football team. They even have helmets and uniforms and numbers! We came close to losing our D1 status last year, but the Bozos responsible for that have been asked to take their act elsewhere. We are in the process of restoring the order. There were 80K people in attendance yesterday to watch a glorified practice. Also, I seem to remember playing a certain school from the Chicago area in the Alamo Bowl a few yrs back. Wasn't the score something like 66-17?

I'll try to be judicious with the 6 lives Punkin has left. Be careful out there.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote