View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
ut_cougar

Okay, thats what I just realized.... there are no door tweeters so those would be add-ons if i changed out the doors speakers because you just can't buy decent 5.25" speakers unless they are in a component set... and i think the tweeters would be useless because having the set in the dash AND the set in the door would just be too much highs IMO. Now my main problem is the dash speakers since I need to replace the dash's 4" components with new ones and I don't think I can run any of the 4" compenents currently on the market with the stock amp, right? The stock amp is pushing 40 watts to each of the front dash compenent sets and all the 4" compenents on the market are 4 ohm speakers. There area few sets that are 2 ohm for the 5.25" components so my doors will be nice and loud and the power will be sufficient but the dash speakers will be be running off the same wattage but at 4 ohm resistance. This is where my problem lies. The only thing I can do is replace the dash speakers with coaxials and leave the tweeter spot empty but I really don't want to do that since compenents sound so much better. The other thing I thought about was running the coaxials in the stock 4" dash spots but also running the tweeters from the 5.25" doors all the way back up to the dash somehow and filling in those empty spots where the tweeters used to be, but then I have 2 sets of tweeters right next to eachother (one on coax and other running from the 5.25" doors). I don't want to cut or drill any holes in the doors to mount the tweeters from the 5.25" doors so that is the only option or just leave the tweeters out i guess? (If i leave the tweeters out of the 5.25" component sets then will more wattage run to the 5.25" speakers since the tweeters aren't there taking up power?). The main pain in the ass is because I don't want to change the stock amp or add any amps, etc. Anyone have any advice on what to do for just a stock all around speaker swap (without changing anything else)?? I'm told not to run 4 ohm speakers off the stock amp because of the lack of power otherwise i would just run 4 ohm speakers all around. anyone here running aftermarket 4 ohm speakers all around off the stock amp?

Last edited by ut_cougar; 04-16-2008 at 11:16 PM.
ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote