View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #10
Benny986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where's my car?
front tires like 65% tread Yokohama's ypk520 i think, rear perelli's 265 about 15- 20 % tread left. tire pressure front 50 psi max, i was running about 43, rear was 51 psi max, and was running about 45 psi

Stock camber to my favor, road was on the California Speedway Track a bit of scraps on the floors. I didn't hit any bumps
the spin occured about half way through the turn. I did let off the accelerator pretty quickly and hit the breaks.

Traction control was on, and i did turn pretty hard.

Upon correcting my turn, i let go of the gas slightly hit the breaks and tried to correct the steering only to lose control.

Thanks for all your advice people!!
WOW, talk about the perfect storm : ) hahha. different tires and different tread wear. That alone isn't good, but you can still drive just fine with that. Its just not preferred.

What you did wrong was: letting go of the gas quickly. That put the weight up front, and if you are already mid turn, the rear looses grip, then slides out. To top it off, you hit the brakes, sending even more weight up front. So your rear was really light.

When correcting, you need throttle to correct, instead you braked.

I would use brakes as a last rest after the back end already is starting to come around. You can instead use more throttle to get the weight to the back, and counter steer.

But when you were mid turn, and you sensed something was wrong, you immediately lift, and braked, thus making your situation even worse. Had you stepped on more gas, and corrected, you likely would have been fine.

A few times out at an autox, and you should have this skill mastered : ) Or at least learn how to attempt it : )

Ohh, what is your rear toe like? In about 1/16 per side?
Benny986 is offline   Reply With Quote