View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 06:01 AM   #18
heyjae

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SoCalBoxsterS
Thanks again Heyjae, all great info and detail. When you say the seat brackets are very expensive how bad could they be after spending $850 or more per seat? As to the height issue and finding the right bracket for the lowest possible height what do you recommend? I am six feet tall and per PCA rules for DE events the top of my helmet must be below the level of my rollbar. If I install the Brey-Krause rollbar extender will I sit low enough with the Cobra seat and brackets?
Happy to help. I believe the BK side mounts were around $170 per set and you can use the stock sliders (assuming you don't have power sliders). If you need new sliders, those are around $70 each plus another $100 for mounting tabs/adapters. It adds up. The problem I had w/ the BK mounts on my factory sliders was that the seat was actually slightly higher than the stock seat at the lowest setting. So I had a local shop fab custom brackets and mounts, but they cut some corners and ended up only being 1/2" lower than the BK mount. I didn't have time to deal with it then.... ugh.

You might want to have a shop that specializes in fabbing race cars install the seat if you want the absolute minimum height. Otherwise, my theory is that the combination of Sparco sliders (lower profile than the factory sliders), mounting tabs and Sparco mounts is the lowest, bolt-in combo. However, I have not tried this so I don't know for sure.

I have no idea if the BK extender & Cobra or any other seat will work for you for height. I'm relatively short, 5 8", and it was a close call when I had a BK extender w/ the stock seat or w/ the race seat.

Last edited by heyjae; 04-13-2008 at 06:05 AM.
heyjae is offline   Reply With Quote