View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #16
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm750
I had an 05 STi for roughly a year, and let me tell you, it will eat a Boxster in a straight line. If he really has an STi, he's clearly not driving it to its potential. The only real downside to the Subie is that it is a brick in the wind, and due to its gearing, is not a great autobahn car, though it was never designed to be either. Still, from a 3rd gear pull, he should have pulled on you pretty well.

As to the legality of all this, we all know its illegal and not the wisest thing to do.

Patrick
I think the STI is a great car, but you're right it's not a highway killer. It has a lower top speed than the boxster S because it is pretty much a brick and that large hood scoop doesn't help matters either. But, I think some of you guys are acting like STI fan boys saying the boxster S will get killed on a highway roll. The subbie traps the 1/4 @ approx 102 mph just like my boxster! Just right there you should realize they would be pretty close on a highway roll. The subbie is hard to beat 0-60, but that's about it. I rode with the guy before we raced, he knows how to shift and he was giving it all it had when we raced. Highway racing is pretty hard to screw up guys! Just push on the gas and steer straight! It isn't that complicated and there isn't much skill involved. I feel like a posted this on a STI forum with all the doubters but I kinda expected it since the STI is a little overated and some people just think it's invincible.

Last edited by Adam; 04-12-2008 at 10:49 AM.