View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #12
Adam

NO, it's not a WRX, it's an STI. I know the difference between the two. This one has the gold wheels, gold brembo brakes, non round headlights, it says STI on the seats. I might be off by a year or two, but it's definately and STI. I've seen several at autocrosses so I know what they look like and what they are capable of. I don't know why you doubt what I say though? I know that the STI will stomp a boxster S in a 0-60 race because of the awd grip, but on the highway they are dead even for the reasons I said in my original post. The trap speeds of my car and an STI in the 1/4 mile are nearly identical @ around 102 mph. A car that traps at 102 mph isn't real quick and the STI may be a killer from 0-60 but it's certainly no king on the highway. Maybe you drove a pre-03 boxster S they are a tad slower? I've raced a WRX before and he got schooled. Anyway, you can believe what you want to believe.
His looks just like this blue one, except it's grey.
http://www.supercarsite.net/subaru/impreza-wrx-sti/2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver arrow
I have owned a moddified 2002 WRX that I bought new and an 05 STi that was fully prepped for STU autocrossing. I now own a 2000 Boxster and have test driven many Boxsters and Boxster S's over the last month before buying.

With that being said, you were obviously racing a WRX with a 2.0 flat 4 turbo that puts out 227hp (175whp). With just exhaust and tuning they put out 270-280hp (225whp).

The STi wasn't sold in the US until 2004. It has a 300hp 2.5l turbo flat 4. They put down 240-250whp and with just exhaust and tuning 350-360hp (300whp). Add meth injection and you get 330whp and 450+wtq.

If you friends car had the round headlights, you were not racing an STi. If infact he does own an STi, then he doesn't know how to drive very well. I love Boxsters. They are wonderful cars to drive, but the STi was a brutal machine and will eat Boxsters all day long in a straight line. 0-60 4.5 sec, 1/4 mile 13 sec stock.

Also, it is a lot cheaper to plan a night at the drag strip or a day at a local autocross than to get a triple digit ticket. I got one of those when I was young and stupid and it cost driving for a year and over a $1000 fine.

Last edited by Adam; 04-12-2008 at 10:02 AM.