View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #13
Benny986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SoCalBoxsterS
Benny, can you post pictures of your Sparco Evo II seats? I recently started a similar thread. I want to get seats for club DE events but want them comfortable enough for weekend drives as well. Also, is the Evo II the wider seat?
I'll get pics up when I get off my lazy butt and get the second seat in.

I sat in an evo II, which is the slightly wider one. You can find the specs online. It was SOO comfortable, that I went out, and got 4 seats the following weekend. Two in my car, and 2 in my brothers car. We use his car for SCCA autox, Its an 02 GTI 1.8t in DSP. It has 285s all around, so we need the support. My brother daily drives his GTI, and he thinks the seat is just fine. And he even has 800lb or higher rear spring rates.

I am a 36 waist, and I fit. A 38 would not. You would have to go up to the next wider sparco, in which case, it might not fit in the boxster. Mine is pretty snug. I like how my shoulders actually fit in the seat now. Instead of laying on the seat. I hated how the mid to top of the rear pinched in so much. Who is that narrow?

FWIW, my seats were like $600/ea. so thats MUCH cheaper than the OEM seat, which I would love, but not love to pay for.

Getting in and out. Its a little more awkard than stock, but not much. I just slide the seat all the back when i get out. So getting out/in is a snap. Then I just slide back forward. In my brother's car, he hard mounted it, meaning, no sliders. He doesn't even need to push the steering wheel in. We can get in and out pretty easy. But he does have a much taller door. PS, getting in and out of my car, is a million times easier than getting in and out of a stock elise.
Benny986 is offline   Reply With Quote