View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #9
boostiality

To be frank, price wise it's not a great deal. I bought a similar car with more mileage for a lot less and I mean more then 4,000 less. Odd enough with only slight amount of bragging aside, I've probably modified and have driven my car more then 90% of what this board does to their vehicles.

I bought my car as someones daily driver and has been my own since then, logging more then 2500-3000 miles a month if not more. And through out all this time I've had it, it's been dead set reliable. I thought maybe this was a fluke after hearing the issues with these cars. By searching, you can actually see most of the boxster's that do have problems are the ones that just sit around.

Engine wise, I've never had one dead MAF, still on factory o2 sensors, not one code thrown, not one hiccup. I've had to replace an AOS, but this was due to boost that was introduced to a system that was never meant for it in the first place.

All I'm trying to say is don't be afraid to get one that has maybe a little bit more mileage but has been taken care of. This way you can save a decent chunk of $$ in the process to boot.
boostiality is offline   Reply With Quote