View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #112
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostiality
Whats up PK

With all DMEs there's got to be a range of which is acceptable due background noise thats inherently going to be picked up and registered as such. ..
Best,
Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Joe,

Come to think of it I guess I have read about the little transient “noise” inherent in knox & other sensitive sensor circuitry. Didn't put it together with the expression “acceptable knock”. I wonder how you measure it (Ive heard of little microphone in the eng. Compartment...). Guess the EGT gage should say it all though.

EGT sensors are all hooked up. Kinda remarkable how much heat the super creates.

Funny I never thought to pick the brains of the big GT boys on 6Speedoline, felt like I might as well be coming around in a soap-box derby car. Every time I hear of, or am thinking of, something I want do, a Google search always winds me up at some rice burner forum.

Must say I've learned one 'elluva lot at those forums. Those guy are doing it all every day and to the max. Aside from this little cadre here, It's pretty hard to find anyone doing much ongoing stuff with the Boxster.

I'm still waiting for my little custom h20/meth widget controller from Aquamist (its real the...guy sent me a pick). RMA'd my O2 controller and it turns out there was nothing wrong with it at there end so it's coming back, not sure where I'm off on this end. Thought I gave it all the once over twice.

Regards, PK