View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #111
boostiality

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk2
Is there an acceptable knock?? I thought that was the curse of forced injection on these things. Plenty of people thought I was nuts putting this thing on, But I got the impression the bad rap was from people romping around on 91 oct. or having it over-boosted with no compensation.

Regards, PK
Whats up PK

With all DMEs there's got to be a range of which is acceptable due background noise thats inherently going to be picked up and registered as such. However just by looking at tuners responses from 6speed, Porsche's own knock code isn't touched even by the likes of GIAC or Softronic because it's just that good. All they really do is just tune the ignition and fuel injection maps anyway.

It's just like you said, the folks that bad mouth this or say that don't have any experience or just don't do the proper homework about these kinds of setups. Running without an EGT, wideband, etc etc and just relying on the tuner is just plain crazy for the simple fact that things can happen. Things like the gas station having bad or watered down gasoline.

Best,
Joe
boostiality is offline   Reply With Quote