View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
cartagena

When they were kittens I bought them a bed which they used for about a month. Now they completely ignore it. They then decided the best place to sleep was on my bed which I cannot allow since I am slightly allergic. My house has 14 bedrooms and we use to leave the windows open. So they would always find another bed to sleep on. I had to put an end to this so I closed all the windows. They then discovered the Porsche top which is now their favorite place to sleep. It rains a lot here so the car is constantly covered with little muddy paw prints. I kind of thought the little paw prints and cat hair were funny and did not care until I discovered the hole today. I just ordered a new car cover, and I am going to put a box of moth balls on top of it hoping the smell will keep them off.

I think deep down they are also Porsche fans! They know quality and chose the most expensive of all possible beds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Cats love cars - mine goes in the garage and heads straight to them...they like to be up high (instinct, for seeing and pouncing on prey).

My wife made me a top cover that fits over the top area when the top is up - no one makes them...they only make cockpit covers for when the top is down.

She used Sunbrella and it has velcro fasteners for around the wipers, mirrors, door handles, and padded ones that fit in the trunk to keep it secure. And is also great when we are out to use as a cover to keep the sun out/inside cool.

Who knows, maybe I can talk her into making you one since she is a big cat lover