View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
23109VC

I'll have to get the numbers from them, or visit and check them myself.

I know the car is 8 years old and will require SOME ongoing $$ to keep it going. My only fear would be mega $$ items like motors or trannys. I don't mind doing the $500 dollar jobs here and there to keep it running nicely.

I have the money for tires, and all that other stuff. I've owned performance cars before, just never a Porsche, and I've bought my share of $$$ tires. I usually never made it more than a year on a set of sticky tires. I guess I just like to push it in the corners.

It has had the 60k done. how much does the upcoming 15k / 100k service cost?

he jsut put a new porsche battery in it and commented it wsa $200+.

i guess i keep asking myself, where else can I get a car this cool/fun for about $15k where I know the car's history and know it was well cared for and not abused. the options it has are nice.

I can check the codes. but I KNOW it has:

the factory upgraded suspension. R030 or something like that
heated seats (they are quite toasty)
Full leather dash/door inserts
3spoke "S" style steering wheel
18" turbo wheels
the owner swapped the side markers and tails for the red/white ones that are newer so no ugly orange stuff in them. the fronts still have the orange insert in the halogen lens.

it does NOT have Litronics.
It is a 5 speed, NOT a tip
it has cruise - but I have no idea if that is standard or an option on these cars
the stereo looks pretty basic, but honestly, I'd rather hear the motor so the radio is not a priority for me in a convertible

it has about 72-75k on it. i've seen 2000 boxster selling for around 15-20k, but there is such variation based on whether it's a private party, a dealer, the miles, etc.

my research makes me think that 15k is probably a fair deal, but not a smokin deal. i see a lot of the higher mileage 2000 boxsters asking 15-16k, and i have to figure they are conceeding some on price when the buyer shows up with cash on hand and says "i only have 13500" and the seller says ok...autotrader doesn't show the actual sale price...and kbb is a joke. so any help is appreciated.

this is a situation where me and the sller would just assume honestly figure out what it's really worth..private party...and then i might get a discount...but each side wants the "starting point" price to be fair to each side. i'm not out to scam them and they aren't out to rip me off. it's jus that neither of us are car dealers so figuring out the pricing is going to take help and/or research. hence, why i'm here...

thanks.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote