Thread: Rear End Feel
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
chaudanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
When I'm pushing my Box really hard around turns the rear end has this floaty feeling that I HATE. It doesn't kick out and spin out the car or anything but I just can't stand the feeling...it doesn't inspire confidence by any means. I'm trying to take care of this before I perform any other mods to the car.

I recently went from 9" wide wheel in the rear w/ a 265 on it to a 10" w/ a 275 mounted,helped but didn't resolve my issue completely.

I'm thinking a Technobrace is a good start and if that's not it I will try a RoW 030 5-spd rear sway bar(it's thicker than the 6-spd Row spec).

Anyone else care to chime in? Anyone else get this feeling when pushing their Box? Could this just be me not used to the extra +50hp that this 986 S had over my old base 986?

Thanks in advance! Have a great Easter!
Hey Blinkwatt, I used to have that same feel on the rear end as well (based on what I interpret from your description). I added a Technobrace recently, and it really does wonders for these cars. Compared to the front and rear strut braces that I've added in the past, which, i did indeed notice an improvement on handling from... The Technobrace did so much more to improve handling. The rear feels extremely planted and solid, especially through turns and any sort of road imperfections. It inspires way more confidence to accelerate through turns, as the rear end just feels so much more solidly glued to the road.

I'll be posting a little review on the technobrace soon.

Hope this helps bro..

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote