View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
hjkim550

I just went through an exhaustive search for an ideal Boxster last year. I was lucky enough to do well on a deal without this site. Mikefocke's site is a wealth of information.

I do agree with Lil that you could do better on the price as well as mileage. My 2004 SE last year had 28,000 miles and I thought that was too much. I actively searched and drove many Boxsters for approximately 4 months before I found the perfect car. With the current economy as well as the number of available cars out there, I would not be too hasty. It is definitely in your best interest to make sure you have the right car before you pull the trigger. I was able to knock off about $4,000 off the asking price (a little above trade-in price according to the internet) for my 2004 SE. The negotiations took 2 days and I did walk out twice before they agreed to the price. I was not looking for a SE in particular and let them know that I was not willing to pay top dollar for a 2004 S with a few extra HP, lowered stance, better brakes and a pretty plaque.

One final note... as Mikefocke, Lil and others will tell you... get a PPI. I personally sold a vehicle that was severly rear-ended. My Insurance took care of everything and the vehicle looked liked new. After I sold the vehicle, I looked up the VIN on carfax while I was shopping around for my Porsche. No mention of the accident which cost the Insurance company about $6,000 to repair. (I did disclose the accident and gave the buyer the 100,000k warranty on the repairs) Carfax will not tell you everything about the car's history (as you likely know already) and PPI is a must.

Good luck and happy hunting.