View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #17
edevlin

"I'm brand new to the board, and I just purchased a 2000 Boxster S. I've had plenty of sportscars in my life, and well, I like to tinker with them and make them faster."

I thought I would add my 2 cents about tinkering with our cars. The favorite mod I have done to the car by far, was the last one I did and had nothing to do with the engine and HP. My stock suspension was getting a little tired at about 50K, so I lowered the car and added Bilstein coilovers.... Redoing the suspension made it a whole new car. The ride is a little stiff with the Bilsteins, but I put 1700 miles on the car last week, no problem, also no more body roll on hard cornering, and lots of control, its great.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote