View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
UTRacerX9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
Hi, welcome to the forum, 2000 was a very good year for Boxsters (notice mine is a 2000). If you have a chance, take a test drive in a 2005 boxster S and see how it feels compared to your car. The newer car will be a little heavier, but you will still get a sense of the difference in power. You are right in that it is difficult to easily and cheaply get more power out of these engines with simple intake, exhaust and ECU mods. How do you find the drive and road handleing compared to some of the other cars you have owned?

Ed

Hi Ed, and thanks. I absolutely love the handling. It is so light and nimble. My main sportscar is a Stealth twin turbo, modified to about 500hp or so. While it will go fast, it's also very heavy, probably about 3500lbs even after I've replaced nearly everything with lightweight stuff.

I've also had a BMW M3 and a 528i, both are great handling cars, but with more luxury than the S. Consequently, they don't feel as sporty. I've also had an Eclipse Spyder GST, and while it was probably nearly as fast as the S, it doesn't handle anywhere close as good.
UTRacerX9 is offline   Reply With Quote