View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #8
Lil bastard

Wow! Kewl! I never thought you'd do it!

The Country Tavern is a great place and I'm glad you had a good time + there are some areas you can really air out the Boxster (even though you let the 'Vette get past you - lol). I gotta get back down there for their ribs, plus, my Country Tavern 'T' shirt is starting to show it's age.

BTW, for all the Whiskey Bay and NOLA ppl., they also have a place in Shreveport, LA, well worth the trip.

All due respect, meant in only the most complimentary terms, but the missus is a real HOTTIE with legs up to here ¯ (LegMan >me)! Well done you!

If you really like BBQ, Country Tavern is the best in TX, but the best in the world is a small place called the Pig Pit in Caddo Valley, AR (everything is smoked over a Hickory Fire Pit which was lit back in 1954 and kept going ever since). I know OTR Truckers who'll go 100 mi. out of their way to hit the Pig Pit, and I once-a-year have several lbs. of their meats FedEx'd to my home for a Super Bowl party - every year since 1997. Take I-30 out of Dallas east to Caddo Valley, AR (exit 78) .5 mi. south to the Pig Pit.

Then, once full of great BBQ (don't forget to keep room for their Fried Fruit Pies), take AR St. Hwy 7 out of Caddo Valley into Hot Springs - some of the twistiest, most scenic roads in the US - always a lot going on there - the only inner-city National Park in the US - the sidewalk is actually HOT (can't walk barefoot) from magma running so close to the surface.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 03-11-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote