View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
blackbox

Wink same door latch problem fixed recently

I had the same door latch/window problem on my 02 S. My driver side door was behaving like yours and the passenger side didn't move at all. According to my dealership, I needed complete door latch assemblies(left and right).

Needless to say, I bought in since my extended warranty was covering it anyway. They part numbers that I saw on the work receipt was:

8N1-837-015-C Door Latch $146.36
3B1-837-016-P Door Latch $173.96

Labor was 4.3 hrs

I can't say why one side would be more expensive than the other. I was told that they replaced both door latch assemblies. I'm assuming the microswith comes as part of the complete door latch assembly. They could have just replaced the microswitches.

Either way, they work like they should now. I also noticed that now that when I lock the car with the key remote, the horn doesn't blow. I was told this was because the cars computer now doesn't think there is still an unlocked door. Before I got it fixed, I had to lower the window a bit before exiting the car and then raised it manually by turning the key to the right. That was a real pain in the butt.

I hoped this helped
blackbox is offline   Reply With Quote