View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #9
RevViNg HiGh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmike
Where are you in NJ?

I got my pre-purchase inspection done at Powertech in Rockaway, NJ.

$11K is cheap. Buying from a friend is a big positive. I assume you trust that your friend would give you the straight skinny on the car. A two year history without issues and problems is a very strong positive indicator. I would NOT consider this car off eBay or some unknown source.

That said, search out and read the links on the top of this forum. Randall Neighbor does a nice job of taking a prospective buyer through all of the "little things" that he went through when buying a Boxster that had a minor accident in its history...

Get the frame looked at professionally and follow the advice about doing an alignment as part of the PPI. An alignment will show you a lot. When the Powertech guys put your car in the air & look underneath -- you'll be shocked about how much gets revealed. My car had barely a scratch on the skid plate...

Also, look carefully at the tires on the car. How long have those (really really nice) P-Zero's been on the car? 2 years? How many miles? How are they wearing??? That will tell you a lot!

Good luck. I love my Boxster because its poised, nimble, precise and confidence inspiring. Frame damage due to an accident will ruin those qualities.
I live in Old Bridge. The tires are a few months old. I made an appointment to have my friend who owns a body shop look a the carand do whatever they do to check for frame damage.

If it checks out, its a done deal. Hes only selling the car for a truck to tow his new horse around lol Otherwise he would keep it. He loves the car. It was a weekend car.
RevViNg HiGh is offline   Reply With Quote