Thread: Please advise..
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #14
meerzee

Talking

Max, Max, Max......my friend.....
You sound like me when I bought my Box. (maybe it is guilty karma from trying to upstage your 986!!!) - J/K.

It seems like when I purchase cars remotely, I always get screwed in one fashion or the next, and things are never always exactly as they seem. But, I have still gone through with all but 1 deal and that deal the sellers were shady like the one you mention here. I would have to agree that people who are deceptive are just not honorable, reputable individuals and they will tell you what you want to hear, until someone offers them a buck more...regardless of how much time and effort you (the buyer) has spent on purchasing their vehicle.

I would go down, have a personal chat with this character, check it out hard and trust your gut. The guy might be a complete loser, but if the car speaks to you and you have a solid feeling, then go for it. I wouldn't change a thing about my purchase of my very spunky 02S, but in retro...I probably would have held out for an 03 S just to grab the rear glass and less mileage. But I adore my car and yes like you only drive it when the weather is near perfect. (and sometimes even on Fridays!) --- HEY, maybe I will catch you on the Causeway soon!!!!
(now that I am a Mandevillite)

There are tons of excellent 996s out there...and just (as hard as it sounds) take your time and relax...you will find the one that you are supposed to drive --- and if the guy is a real jerk, accidently back over his foot while test-driving for kicks...

LOL

All the best, my friend.

Last edited by meerzee; 03-07-2008 at 12:22 PM.
meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote