View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:46 AM   #19
edevlin

The Falken 512 is not a bad tire, actually FOR THE MONEY it's pretty good. I am running a set for my winter tires on 18 inch Carerra lightweight rims. One thing they have going for them is that they wear much better than the PS2's. Also, the Falken 512 is an all season tire, so unlike the PS2, it can be run when its quite cold outside.

Still, there is a world of difference between the Falken and the PS2's. As soon as the weather warms up I pop off the Falkens and put on my other set of aftermarket Carerra lightweight rims with PS2's and suddenly I am back in the slot.

Smooth, quiet, sticky, stiff sidewalls, the PS2 is a remarkable tire. Unfortunately, they seem to melt away before my eyes. I have gone through two sets and got gotten more than 5K out of eithor of them. BTW, I do not track the car, but I have been known to do some "spirited" driving on the back roads where I live. I would love to find a tire that does a lot of what the PS2 does for less money, it really hurts to reshoe the car with that sticky Michellin rubber....

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote